Specialist, Internal Events
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
We’ve moved fearlessly forward through almost six decades to become who we are today. We’re taking the lead in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is valued, and where we can all be our best. We’re shaping a culture that rewards performance. We’re building a better world.
This is what it really means to be fearless.
You’ll maximise the Brand Experience at the MTC for our Partners, key stakeholders, the team and guests, delivering through innovative experiences and events which all take place on site at our Corporate Headquarters. You will be the lead for key projects and experiences and use your knowledge and experience to help guide other members of the team.
In this role you will create, develop and deliver interactive, exciting and unique events to optimise the gust interaction with the brand, highlighting key messaging throughout and driving emotional engagement. Primary focus will be events for our Commercial Partners.
You will ensure all activations represent the McLaren Brand and are positioned as world class to generate commercial opportunities for McLaren throughout all trackside experiences and touch points.
This role requires a high volume of administration as well as being on event in Woking. Whilst there is Hybrid working in place, due to the nature of the role it will be essential for the candidate to be able to be office based a lot of the time and the amount varies week to week.
You will join the Brand Experience team and sit within Internal Events. The role is fast paced and varied with a team who are determined and look forward to push boundaries in everything they do through continuous review and innovation to provide the best guest experiences possible. The successful candidate will need to be relentless in the pursuit of better and always look for ways to improve and build efficiencies across working practices. The events we deliver span across all 5 of our Championships and you will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive innovation, learning and broader development. The role requires unsociable hours including weekends and on event can include long hours on your feet.
- Lead the planning and execution for a variety of Commercial Partner events Plan and ensure they are delivered to the McLaren standard.
- All pre and post event admin for allocated events including resource and supplier bookings, budgeting, ordering, creating and issuing schedules and guest comms.
- Ensure all allocated event budgets are recorded, updated and communicated and raise client quotations and supplier purchase orders.
- Guide other team members to deliver on their events according to the McLaren Standard.
- Work alongside the Event Specialist for our Technical Partner events to plan and ensure all events operate to the same brand standards.
- Build relationships with Partner contacts and our Partnerships team to help maximise event opportunities for our Partners and that process is followed.
- Act as the main point of contact with clients for allocated events both pre, during and post event.
- Ensure that on event duties and McLaren standard are maintained at events including health and safety process by all parties including suppliers.
- Continuous development of the guest experience at all events being proactive in suggestions and implementation to develop new commercial opportunities.
- Develop and implement processes working with the Senior Manager to ensure best practice and lessons learned applied
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, understanding their objectives and business challenges.
- Identify, produce and update event collateral and guest communication to ensure physical and digital assets are on brand and contain accurate information.
- Development of department processes and booking platforms for Partners and stakeholders with focus on efficiency and best practice.
- Supplier Management
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, Partners, industry stakeholders and suppliers.
- Identify risks and escalate to the senior manage helping to resolve
- Provide regular reporting and feedback as required
- Oversee the administration and recording of Partner Internal events ensuring appropriate systems and training is in place
To join our race for performance, you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar events role in either a corporate, hotel or sporting environment with customer focus
- People and project management experience.
- Good level of knowledge of budget management.
- Strong supplier management and relationship building skills and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team with a collaborative and positive approach
- Excellent administration and time management skills.
- Experience of dealing with clients and stakeholders on a global basis at all levels
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Out of the box thinking to bring events to life within budget and practical constraints
- Confident in dealing with challenging situations and relationships
- Thoughtful decision maker who can operate under intense pressure
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Microsoft office packages.
- Able to adapt in a fast passed, high-pressured, ever-changing environment and think on your feet to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage own workload, take responsibility and ownership and be proactive in seeking support and guidance where needed
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to get the point across with impact and positivity whilst working collaboratively.
- Able to adopt a systematic and proactive approach to ensure task completion.
- Capacity to multitask and work on projects with varied lead-times.
- Fluent use of English Language required in both verbal and written.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.
Be fearless - apply now
McLaren Racing is the kind of place where everyone is encouraged to try something different, to discover new paths, to begin new journeys. To think fearlessly. To work fearlessly. To disrupt fearlessly. Our race for performance has only just started. And we won’t ever stop pushing for more.