Internal Events Specialist
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role
Equipped with a passion and desire to succeed, you'll deliver innovative experiences and events which all take place on site at our Corporate Headquarters. You will be involved in key projects and experiences and use your knowledge and experience to help guide other members of the team.
In this role you will create, develop and deliver interactive, exciting and unique events to optimise the guest interaction with the brand, highlighting key messaging throughout and driving emotional engagement. Primary focus will be events for our Internal and Intercompany Stakeholders.
This role requires a high volume of administration as well as being on-site in Woking. Whilst there is Hybrid working in place, due to the nature of the role it will be essential for you to be able to be office based a lot of the time and the amount varies week to week. The role requires unsociable hours including weekends and, whilst on event, can include long hours on your feet.
You will join the Brand Experience team and sit within Internal Events reporting to the Head of Internal Events. You will have a dotted line to 2 event execs and will be responsible for overseeing the day to day delivery of their events.
The role is fast paced and varied with a team who are determined and look forward to push boundaries in everything they do through continuous review and innovation to provide the best guest experiences possible.
The ability to be relentless in the pursuit of better is crutial coupled with the ability to identify, improve and build efficiencies across working practices. The events we deliver span across all 5 of our Championships and you will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive innovation, learning and broader development.
- Oversee the day to day planning and delivery of events for 2 members of the team ensuring they are delivered to the McLaren Brand standard.
- Oversee the administration and recording of Internal and Intercompany events ensuring appropriate systems and training are in place
- Work alongside the Senior Specialist for our Partner events to plan and ensure all events operate to the same brand standards.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders understanding their objectives and business challenges and to develop better ways of working and processes.
- Develop and implement processes working with the Senior Specialist to ensure best practice and lessons learned applied and consistency across all event types.
- Ensure that on event duties and McLaren standard are maintained at events including health and safety process by all parties including suppliers.
- Planning and execution for a variety of events and ensure they are delivered to the McLaren standard.
- Act as the main point of contact with clients for allocated events both pre, during and post event.
- All pre and post event admin for allocated events including resource and supplier bookings, budgeting, ordering, creating and issuing schedules and guest comms.
- Ensure all allocated event budgets are recorded, updated and communicated and raise client quotations and supplier purchase orders.
- Continuous development of the guest experience at all events being proactive in suggestions and implementation to develop new commercial opportunities.
- Identify, produce and update event collateral and guest communication to ensure physical and digital assets are on brand and contain accurate information.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar events role in either a corporate, hotel or sporting environment with customer focus.
- People and project management experience.
- Good level of knowledge of budget management.
- Strong supplier management and relationship building skills and experience.
- Able to work well as part of a team with a collaborative and positive approach.
- Experience of dealing with clients and stakeholders on a global basis at all levels
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Out of the box thinking to bring events to life within budget and practical constraints.
- Confident in dealing with challenging situations and relationships.
- Thoughtful decision maker who can operate under intense pressure.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Microsoft office packages.
- Able to adapt in a fast passed, high-pressured, ever-changing environment and think on your feet to make quick decisions.
- Ability to manage own workload, take responsibility and ownership and be proactive in seeking support and guidance where needed.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to get the point across with impact and positivity whilst working collaboratively.
- Able to adopt a systematic and proactive approach to ensure task completion.
- Capacity to multitask and work on projects with varied lead-times.
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with
your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private
healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.