Specialist, Commercial Partnerships
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role
To support the Senior Manager, Partnerships in the delivery of key commercial partners in the McLaren Racing portfolio, such that the contractual rights are fully leveraged and maximised, while the long-term individual and company relationships are created and maintained.
- Reports to Senior Manager, Commercial Partnerships.
- Focus primarily on managing the day-to-day delivery of commercial partner accounts.
- Support the wider Partnerships & McLaren marketing teams as/when required.
- The role is based at the McLaren Technology Centre, Woking, Surrey, UK, but may require some travel both within the UK and internationally and consequently flexibility in working hours will be required.
- Lead the operational day-to-day delivery of key McLaren partners 360 activation plans to ensure the partner’s rights are maximised to achieve their objectives and KPIs across:
- Partner Strategy Roadmap plans, working 3-6 months out with oversight from Senior Manager, Partnerships.
- Partner events and activities, internal and external.
- Activation campaigns, experiential or digital.
- Experiential and display asset bookings.
- Create detailed partner wrap reports, case studies and annual partnership reviews that identify key learnings from activation.
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned partner’s business objectives, brand marketing strategy, target delivery and growth markets, competitors and KPIs.
- Set best practices for project management including weekly/monthly meeting management (agenda setting and note taking) and rights tracking.
- Delivery of partner executive engagement and gifting plan, including maintain all CRM data across day-to-day account members, agencies and partner leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with day-to-day stakeholders within the partners organisations.
- Support the wider partnerships and marketing team with collective tasks and administration or additional duties as required.
- Work collaboratively in cross departmental project groups as required.
- Always operates with our core values in mind – Bravery; Respect; Inclusiveness; Energy and Innovation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in managing and delivering partnership marketing activities, sponsorship, brand/product marketing, sales and communications campaigns.
- Proven experience delivering workstreams and tasks as set, on time and to brief, to the expected standards, working across departments.
- Strong planning and organisation skills capable of dealing with several concurrent workstreams, identifying problems before they happen.
- Proactive mindset, with the ability to prioritise workload, work autonomously and respond to partners and internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Task oriented and process driven to improve business efficiency and output effectiveness across assigned workstreams.
- Experience reporting proactively, with rigour, transparency and openness to immediate managers and business as needed.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of core marketing and sponsorship principles.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand our partners’ own business drivers and strategies.
- Core competencies and skills required: Organisation; Collaboration; Creative thinking; Problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with a high attention to detail.
- Presentation skills (both written and oral), internally and to partners / suppliers.
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the sports marketing and entertainment landscape.
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite).
- Fluent in English. Other languages would be an advantage.
- Personable – as one of the primary and key faces of McLaren to our partners, clients and the marketplace, you must be an effective and confident communicator.
- Accountable – understanding the role you play in the team, taking personal responsibility to meet stakeholder needs.
- Organised – Ability to run, track and deliver multiple workstreams and activity at the same time.
- Motivated – Approaches work and delivery with good energy and proactive mindset.
- Result-orientated – you come with an outstanding work ethic and expects the best from themselves and the team around them.
- Driven – a track record of getting things done.
- Collaborative – Engages in partnerships, networks and alliances to support long term success and decision making to support the best interests of the business.
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.