Specialist, Partnerships - NEOM
United Kingdom, England, WokingMarketing
To take responsibility for the day-to-day operational delivery of the NEOM relationship across NEOM McLaren Electric Racing (Formula E & Extreme E).
Ensure that the contractual rights are fully leveraged and maximised, while the long-term individual and company relationships are created and maintained.
McLaren join the grid for Season 9 of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship and the start of the Generation 3 era of all-electric street racing, as NEOM McLaren Formula E. This bolsters the team’s endeavour in electric motorsport that already sees participation of NEOM McLaren Extreme E in the current FIA Extreme E Championship.
Collectively known as NEOM McLaren Electric Racing, we are a fast-developing organisation that holds sustainable change at the forefront of what we do. We are looking for a passionate and proactive Specialist to join our team as we grow and develop our capability.
We are looking for someone with a passion for our sport (and what it stands for), but also someone that can demonstrate sustained success working with brands and on sponsorship and marketing campaigns within sport/entertainment. You should be prepared to bring and show your passion, enthusiasm, and prior experience for this role as part of the recruitment process.
- Reports to Senior Manager, Partnerships & Communications – NEOM
- Support in all areas of the NEOM partnership across race series
- Focus on managing the day-to-day delivery of the NEOM partner account across all relevant race series (Extreme E & Formula E), however there may be a need to grow the role’s partnership portfolio moving forward.
- Support the wider Partnerships & McLaren marketing teams as/when required
- This role may require some race travel and repeated business travel both within the UK and internationally, and consequently flexibility in working hours will be required.
- Develop a strong understanding of partner’s business objectives, brand marketing strategy, target delivery and growth markets, competitor set and clear KPI’s to evaluate success against.
- Develop collaborative partner business plans (strategy, activation, engagement, and measurement) to ensure the partner has a clear framework for success.
- Lead the delivery of the partner’s 360 activation plans with McLaren to ensure that the partner’s rights are maximised to achieve their objectives and KPIs.
- Create detailed partner wrap reports and case studies that identify key learnings from activation (with the support of the Executive).
- Be pro-active to build new opportunities and initiatives that could strengthen the value of the partnership.
- Commercially focussed mindset in order to build existing partner revenue.
- Set best practices for project and fiscal management along with strong client and internal communication.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within the partners organisations
- Support the wider partnerships and marketing team, and where applicable, take the lead for own designated accounts/projects.
- Work collaboratively in cross departmental project groups
- Always operates with our core values in mind – Ingenuity; Energy; Humility; Openness; Bravery
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Several years’ experience in managing and delivering partnership marketing activities, sponsorship, brand/product marketing, sales, and communications campaigns.
- Be committed and flexible in your approach to work, with an ability to prioritise workload, work autonomously and respond to partners and internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Experience of working in a multi-brand environment (in-house, agency or rights holder)
- Have a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team who enjoys working in a high achieving environment.
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of core marketing and sponsorship principles
- Demonstrate an ability to understand our partners’ own business drivers and strategies
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with a high attention to detail
- Presentation skills (both writing and delivery), internally and to partners / suppliers
- Knowledge of, and passion for both sport and entertainment
- Good working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. MS Office suite) such that presentations can be made on and away from the track.
- Fluent in English. Other languages would be an advantage.
- Personable – as one of the primary and key faces of McLaren to our partners, clients and the marketplace, must be an effective and confident communicator.
- Accountable - Champions a culture that motivates and inspires employees to take personal responsibility both in innovation and meeting stakeholder needs.
- Leads - Leads by example to build an innovative culture by empowering and developing people around them.
- Results – a proven winner, someone who is driven; who comes with an outstanding work ethic and expects the best from themselves and the team around them.
- Driven – a track record of getting things done
- Role Model – Is a role model and champions best practice in diversity and inclusion whilst challenging others to strive for more.
- Collaborative – Engages in partnerships, networks and alliances to support long term success and engages in partnerships for decision making to support the best interests of the business.
- Credible - Considered credible and has experience, acting as a role model for the McLaren values