Specialist, Sustainability (18-month contract)
United States, Indiana, IndianapolisSustainability
Purpose of role
This contract position will ensure that the Arrow McLaren Team is set up to meets the ambitions and sustainability standards of McLaren Racing, that clear roles and responsibilities and accountabilities for driving sustainability are embedded into the team by the end of the fixed term contract.
- Establishing McLaren Arrow sustainability data collection and reporting systems to feed into the overall McLaren Racing reporting in collaboration with the sustainability and local teams
- Working with the Arrow McLaren team to develop and prioritize a sustainability improvement program for the factory and trackside and support delivery of priority projects that contribute to McLaren Racing’s four sustainability pillars in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders / partners / suppliers
- Working with the Arrow McLaren team to appropriately integrate sustainability into any new infrastructure projects and incorporate sustainability considerations into the business / investment case
- Supporting the Arrow McLaren Partnerships team in engaging with selected partner prospects and existing partners on sustainability activations that will contribute to the delivery of McLaren’s sustainability program
- Supporting implementation of employee sustainability engagement activities tailored to the local context
- Reviewing and integrating sustainability into local processes and procedures as appropriate
- Developing case studies for internal and external communication of sustainability successes
- Supporting engagement with the IndyCar / Penske Entertainment sustainability leads to ensure that Arrow McLaren is at the forefront of the Series’ sustainability initiatives
- Reports to the Director of Sustainability with a dotted line to a member of the Arrow McLaren leadership team
Desired experience, skills & behaviours
- Experience of assessing, establishing and delivering data-led, impactful sustainability (economic, environmental and social) improvement programmes in a US and sports context
- Experience of US sustainability-related policy, legal and regulatory environment and able to apply that to the McLaren Arrow team context
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of sustainability issues, particularly in relation to the McLaren Racing four pillars of net zero, circular economy, diversity, equality & inclusion and health & well-being and frame sustainable solutions as opportunities
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively with local and remote teams (US and UK)
- Highly organised, able to deliver multiple concurrent projects/ initiatives
- Strong relationship building skills, working collaboratively across teams, partners and networks
- Collaborative and cooperative team player, equally willing and able to work on own projects whilst supporting other team members as needed
- Relationship building and maintenance to drive performance improvement initiatives within the team, with external stakeholders and partners
- Effective communicator, able to inspire and motivate stakeholders to take greater levels of accountability and adopt more sustainable practices
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.