Sub Assembly Technician
Bicester, England, United KingdomElectric Racing
At NEOM McLaren Electric Racing, our ambition is to win races and championships. We love the challenge of competing against the best, pushing the limits of performance and technology, while inspiring our people to pursue innovation and unlock their potential in the ever-growing world of motorsport.
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a sub assembly build technician to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Trackside Operations, you will be responsible for all race car sub-assemblies, part maintenance, and servicing.
- Powertrain build and assembly - working to pre-existing processes, build specifications using correct documentation.
- Ensure all assemblies and parts are built to the exact same specification using the correct build documentation.
- Differential builds and setting.
- Attending all Formula E & Extreme E events
- Suspension assembly, maintenance, and servicing.
- Upright and driveshaft assembly and servicing.
- Damper builds.
- Damper dyno running and reporting.
- Spares reporting and stock maintenance.
- Accurate part life reporting and management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills developing other members of the team.
- Garage set up and pack down at races and tests.
- keep a clean and tidy working environment at the circuit and our team base at Bicester.
- Attend team and health and safety meetings as required.
- Assist with freight organisation, loading and packing.
- Attend the team’s headquarters at Bicester Heritage when the team is not on a race event.
Knowledge, Experience, and skills.
- Extensive experience working in a previous build / sub assembly position
- Have a passion for motorsport and desire to work at an extremely high standard.
- Flexibility in hours and approach along with a ‘can do,’ ‘team playing’ attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Competent IT skills essential.
- Prioritisation of workload ensuring a seamless flow of parts to the mechanics group.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner.
- Fabrication and turning advantageous.
- 3D Printer usage and experience advantageous.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
HV training will be provided for the successful candidate.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
NEOM McLaren Electric Racing is based at the Bicester Heritage site on the edge of Bicester. There are multiple lunch options all within a walkable distance as well as on-site kitchen facilities, indoor and outdoor break-out areas. The site is 1 mile from Bicester North Train Station with regular trains from London and Birmingham.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.