Bicester, England, United KingdomElectric Racing
At NEOM McLaren Electric Racing, our ambition is to win races and championships. We love the challenge of competing against the best, pushing the limits of performance and technology, while inspiring our people to pursue innovation and unlock their potential in the ever-growing world of motorsport.
Purpose of the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a No. 2 Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Trackside Operations, you will work as a member of a car crew travelling to all formula E Race & Extreme E events where required.
Liaising with the No.1 Mechanic on all build specifications and set up sheets to ensure the car is always prepared to the highest possible standards.
- Liaising with the No.1 Mechanic on all car build, servicing, and equipment tasks.
- Responsible for informing the No.1 Mechanic/Spares Co-ordinator of any car part changes at all times.
- Work to agreed build processes and practices.
- Ensure all work is carried out with reasonable care and attention to detail avoiding damage or mistakes.
- Garage set up and pack down at both races and tests.
- To be available to attend all race / test events.
- To report any chassis, PU or equipment technical faults to the number 1 and Head of Trackside Operations.
- Responsible for keeping a clean and tidy working environment at the circuit and our Operations Centre.
- Attend team meetings and health and safety briefings as required.
Knowledge, Experience, and skills.
- Minimum 3 years trackside experience in professional motor sport series essential with FE an advantage.
- Fully qualified as Motorsport mechanic NVQ or higher.
- Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
NEOM McLaren Electric Racing is based at the Bicester Heritage site on the edge of Bicester. There are multiple lunch options all within a walkable distance as well as on-site kitchen facilities, indoor and outdoor break-out areas. The site is 1 mile from Bicester North Train Station with regular trains from London and Birmingham.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.