United Kingdom, England, WokingFinance & Procurement
Purpose of the Role:
To Support the Central finance team in providing a first-class financial service by providing a broad spectrum of tax knowledge across multiple services, including employment, withholding, R&D and foreign/UK tax.
- Oversight and management of foreign VAT reporting and returns ensuring returns are completely accurately and on time, reporting to the Director, Financial Control & Analysis
- Detailed working knowledge of VAT rules and regulations in the multiple jurisdictions that McLaren operates
- Direct liaison with KPMG and the McLaren internal tax function to ensure indirect tax compliance, minimise risk and maximise indirect tax recovery
- Assist the Senior Manager in the preparation of year end accounts and Tax pack information
- Calculation of Witholding tax, ensuring submission to the relevant tax authorities
- Assistance working with the Director and other stakeholders in ensuring tax compliance, and that submissions are made which reduces our risk of penalties
Developing systems and controls within the department
- Overseeing end-to-end tax postings, ensuring that the month end position is correct
- Key part of the development of new systems and processes needed within the department,
- To identify areas where cost savings can be made,
- To contribute to finance team meetings and support the work of other team members as necessary.
- Oversee company’s risk assessment policies for tax processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tax qualification
- Experience working in a similar role, or working in a tax practice at manager level
- A track record of getting things done against tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and a focus on accuracy.
- Results-driven – Exceptional work ethic; takes accountability for both success and failure; continually strives for better.
- Challenges – Provides constructive feedback and challenges others to strive for more, both in innovation and meeting stakeholder needs.
- Role Model – Champions our values and cultivates an environment which encourages everyone to bring their true self to work.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.