Trackside Engineering Lead
Indianapolis, Indiana, United StatesIndyCar
Arrow McLaren is the McLaren Racing IndyCar team located on the West side of Indianapolis. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an exhilarating racing program that’s aiming to change the sport for the better by setting the standard for performance.
McLaren values: Innovative – Respectful – Inclusive – Energetic – Brave
We want members of this team to approach each day with a simple goal in mind: To build better race cars and build a better race team. Focus on the process, enjoy the process of continual improvement, and let the results take care of themselves.
Purpose of the Role: This role will report to the Team Principal of Arrow McLaren. As a member of our Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for leading the trackside engineering team with an emphasis on improving operational efficiency, streamlining communication/collaboration, and driving trackside toolchain development.
- Help recruit, develop, and retain the most effective trackside engineering team in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES pitlane.
- Delegate effectively: give clear ownership, expectations, and deadlines to your team members.
- Champion automation, effective analytics, and lean reporting. Work smarter not harder.
- Work with the software team and Performance Director to develop the trackside engineering software tool chain.
- Organize and lead efficient race & test event engineering meetings.
- Manage race and test event engineering staff attendance, travel, scheduling.
- Define requirements and calendar for pre/post-event engineering analysis & reporting. Working well in advance, rather than race to race.
- Collate trackside engineering feedback and work with Team Principal, Performance Director, and Design & Production Director to define and regularly adapt development team priorities.
- Help establish, embrace, and influence a culture that carries out the team’s values; innovative, respectful, inclusive, brave, energetic
- Innovate and act on growth objectives, pipelining opportunities, enterprise sustainability goals, and advocate for DE&I immersion
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong people skills and positive demeanour with a genuine interest in developing talent and team cohesion
- Experience with top-class trackside engineering tools (e.g setup database, simulation, data analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in programming, team collaboration and modern data analysis tools (python, Microsoft Teams, Asana, data dashboards, etc.) would be an advantage
- Knowledge or experience in race strategy optimization
- Minimum of 5 years of high-level trackside motorsport leadership or engineering experience (F1, IndyCar, FE, or equivalent) with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits
- 401(k) Retirement match
- Voluntary life, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Annual bonus plan
- Competitive time off plan
- Team discounts, including kit apparel
Arrow McLaren is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.