Support all functions of the sea freight operations, participate in the maintenance of racing equipment and car parts whilst ensuring all loads are compliant. Occasional support to other operational areas of the business during high load periods. The role may involve unsociable hours and often at short notice and will predominantly be factory based at both the McLaren Technology Centre and Sea Freight facility in Woking. The trainee is to be flexible in their approach.
Reporting to Event Support Team Leaders and Manager.
Race Team, Sea Freight Efficiency Programme.
Hours to be worked as and when required. Small amount of travel may be required.
- Support the turnaround of sets of sea freight equipment and its movements. In doing so will require a level of mechanical / electrical / IT aptitude and be willing to learn whilst showing a high level of attention to detail.
- Develop the skills to maintain racing equipment.
- Develop the understanding of racing logistics.
- Maintain and operate to the required health and safety standards.
- Ensure all loads meet the correct content and compliance for shipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering quality under extremely tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of working in a highly technical environment.
- Ability to contribute to component fault diagnosis process.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- A strong will to develop and continually improve.
- Communications skills are to be of an excellent standard.
- Evidence of working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to undergo physical work requiring strength and stamina.
- A driven must do attitude and achieve whilst working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Personal pride in the delivery of all tasks and their outcomes, continual surpassing of company expectations.
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.