To participate in the build and presentation of the garage environment, associated support equipment and individual car parts, both at and away from the McLaren Technology Centre. The role may consist of unsociable hours often at short notice during high load periods and will involve time away from home and extensive travel; as such the trainee, should show flexibility in their approach. The trainee will also be required to carry out security duties.
Reporting to Event Support Team Leaders and Manager.
Race Team, Event support and security.
Hours to be worked as and when required. Travel will be required.
- The trainee role is purposefully varied and will include practical hands on duties that requires a level of mechanical / electrical / IT aptitude along with a willingness to learn on the job.
- The trainee should show a high level of detail to their work and be able to communicate precisely and effectively.
- Training programmes will be created and implemented to ensure the trainee receives exposure to each area that involves the support crew , sea freight ,air freight.
- The trainee should have the ability to absorb information and follow instruction.
- The trainee will be required to ensure that security duties are fulfilled and company IP is protected.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering quality under extremely tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience of working in a highly technical environment.
- Ability to contribute to component fault diagnosis process.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- A drive and commitment to continuous improvement in their approach to work
- Eager to learn and develop new skills
- Able to work within a team environment and be supportive of others
- Excellent communication skill
- Able to undertake work that requires physical strength and stamina
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively when under pressure in time limited situations
- Can build effective relationships and have to ability to adapt to different department environments
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.