Travel Coordinator - 12 month FTC
Woking, England, United KingdomCommercial
At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join McLaren Racing’s Travel department on a 12-month FTC basis arranging all the travel requirements for McLaren Electric Racing and McLaren Racing across the season. This will involve tasks such as itinerary creation via the McLaren Travel App, booking and amendments to flights, hotels, car rental, transfers, and any visa requirements.
- Booking of flights via GDS (Sabre) alongside making group airline fare bookings
- Assisting with visa applications
- Producing accurate travel itineraries via the McLaren Travel app and by PDF that are circulated to all attendees.
- Assisting with the occasional Business travel requests
- Post-event invoicing and reconciliation
- Maintain accurate passport, driving licence and personal information records.
- Managing the booking of flights, hotels, car rental and transfers for groups of people attending events outside of F1 racing including Formula E and Extreme E.
- Negotiating group deals with suppliers so that McLaren gets the best possible rate.
- Bench-marking suppliers and showing cost saving across bookings where possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone from an events/travel background who can demonstrate experience in some or all the following:
- Experience using Sabre GDS is essential
- Working on events/travel for large numbers of people at once
- Group or published fare flights
- Group hotel bookings and rooming lists
- Group and or individual car rental
- Accurate creation and maintenance of itineraries for multiple events
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft packages
- Ability to multi-task when working on multiple events at once
- Can prioritise workload when under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong professional communication skills
- Attention to detail essential
- Proactive and flexible in the approach to work
- Must be able to work alone or as part of a team
- A keen interest for travel or events
What can McLaren offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
Hybrid working patterns give you options to balance your home life and outside interests with your work. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.