Travel Coordinator (part time)
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingF1 - Racing
Purpose of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join McLaren Racing’s fast-paced Travel department on a Fixed Term contract for 12 months. Responsibilities include making business travel and event related travel arrangements to a vast array of locations. This will involve booking all aspects of the travel from flights, hotels, car rentals, transfers, visas and itinerary creation and making any changes to existing travel in place.
Reporting to the Travel Team Leader, you would provide a supporting role to the Senior Business Travel Coordinator with all aspects of travel booking for multiple race series including Formula 1 (TPC), Formula E, Extreme E, a variety of Marketing events around the world and any generic business travel requests. This role is on a part time basis, initially for c.16 hours per week over 4 days, with the scope to be flexible / increase hours on occasion when required.
- Supporting the management and coordination of all business travel requests for the McLaren Group and producing detailed itineraries.
- Management of Hotel rooming lists, hire car reservations and transfers
- Assisting with the management of McLaren Marketing travel requirements for worldwide events
- Visa applications as and when required plus maintaining travel document details
- Invoice and credit card reconciliation for all aspects of booked travel.
- Booking of flights via GDS (Sabre)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Sabre GDS experience essential
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and confidence in working to tight deadlines with accuracy, attention to detail and creative presentation.
- Ability to multi-task when working on multiple tasks at once
- Strong professional communication skills
- Attention to detail essential
- Proactive and flexible in the approach to work