Vinyl Wrap Technician
United Kingdom, England, WokingF1 - Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To undertake the preparation, painting, vinyl wrapping and finishing of component parts.
- Surface preparation to ensure that aesthetic appearance and aerodynamic performance isn’t compromised
- Detailed masking and re-masking to support final finishing and brand appearance
- Vinyl wrapping and detailing to an extremely high standard, including edge treatments for aero care
- Paint spraying in accordance with design and marketing intent for both current race cars and heritage / show car programmes
- Preparation and finishing of 3D printed parts and tooling / pattern work
- Process weight reduction and management with no compromise to the quality of finish and output
- To be aware and adhere to the health and safety legislation as they apply in the workplace
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of traditional paint technology processes and applications such as filling, masking, priming and colour finishing from within F1 or other high-end refinishing industries
- Knowledge of application techniques and quality standards related to vinyl application and component detailing
- Knowledge of composite components and the assembly and finishing of them to F1 standards of aero care and brand image
- Knowledge of process development and continuous improvement methodologies
- Pays considerable attention to detail
- The ability to work with other people at a fast pace under pressure
- Determined approach - results focused, driven to do the very best possible
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.