CNC Setter / Operator
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Reporting to the Team Leader(s), it is your responsibility to deliver high-quality components on time and in full whilst working to best practice and embracing continuous improvement to meet the overarching strategic vision for the department. The role demands a skilled, diligent, and agile person that works well as part of the team and is target driven.
- To manufacture precision machined components to information prescribed within our job packs and engineering drawings to support the delivery of the schedule on time and in full, maintaining energy and momentum throughout the shift
- Setting and operating several multi-axis CNC machines with a range of controllers
- Confidently program parts online, fully, or partially
- Maintain program, tooling and inspection records for all components produced
- Provide detailed and concise feedback to our Senior Programmers and Manufacturing Engineering Team to develop workholding, programs and machining methods
- Support the Shift Lead(s) to manage workflow in your machining cell to maximise output without compromising quality
- Responsible for inspection of parts produced RFT and to ensure the ongoing quality of components
- Maintain a high-quality shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop
- Ensure works order booking accuracy is maintained with timely data entry
- Embracing and adhering to our SOP’s and best practice guides
- To be aware of health and safety legislation and contribute positively to safety standards on the shop floor
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Must be an experienced machinist with a proven track record, supported with a recognised level 3 apprenticeship or equivalent
- Experienced at setting and operating multi-axis machining centres
- Previous experience of machining small batch precision components, preferably in a motorsport, aerospace, or similar demanding environment
- Previous on-control programming experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and software
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility to support the team
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and highly self-motivated
- Promotes and supports best practices
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.