Senior Programmer / Machinist
Woking, England, United KingdomF1 - Operations
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be part of a large team of skilled machinists working at pace to deliver high-quality CNC programmes and precision engineered metallics, driving performance on track throughout the season. During the build season you will be responsible for programming, setting, and operating multi-axis machines to produce and inspect complex parts with diligence, playing your part in the demanding task of building a new race car. You will use your skills and experience in programming and on CNC machining centres to manufacture car components, pit equipment and parts for our Heritage cars. McLaren has a formidable history – come and be part of our future success!
- Create Programmes and machine components with respect to best practice using the supplied drawings and CAD files
- Maintain programmes and tooling records for all components produced
- Support our management and Production Engineers to maximise the efficient running of all machine tools
- Responsible for diligent inspection of parts to ensure the highest quality
- Maintain a shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop
- To be aware of health and safety legislation and contribute positively to safety standards in the workshop
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Previous experience in manufacturing of small batch precision components, preferably in a motorsport, aerospace, or similar environment
- Experienced craftsperson with a proven track record
- Experience in OPENMIND CAM software
- Extensive experience of using multi-axis machine tools
- Experience in programming and use of any of the following control systems; Mazatrol, Heidenhain or Fanuc
- Experience of ISO or other conversational CNC programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and highly self-motivated
- Proactive approach to improving the way we work
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.